Sept. 2018 – Aug. 2019: Please read all carefully.
Effective in September 2018
In this policy, “You” means students.
Tuitions and other fees:
- By paying the flat-rate monthly tuition, you’ll be reserving your specific weekly time slot. You are not paying for the number of lessons taken. Therefore, no matter how many scheduled lessons there are in a given month, the amount of monthly tuition is going to be the same every month.
- The fees such as costs of books and recital fees are not included in the monthly tuition.
- There are 48 weekly scheduled lessons a year, Sept. 2018 – Aug. 2019. (Please check the schedule below.)
- When the instructor cancels lessons on a scheduled lesson-day, a single credit of $44 for 30 minutes, $66 for 45 minutes, & $88 for 60 minutes will be applied to your account.
- Mizue’s studio has no annual registration fee.
Flat monthly tuitions:
- $176 a month for 30-minute weekly lessons
- $264 a month for 45-minute weekly lessons
- $352 a month for 60-minute weekly lessons
- Students are required to pre-pay the flat rate monthly tuition to reserve their time slots. (Students are not paying for the number of scheduled lessons or lessons taken by students.)
- Due date is the 1st of each month.
- The late fee of $15 will be applied for payments received on the 8th or later.
- Method of payments:
- Debit card online
- Credit card online
- PayPal online
- Not accepted: personal checks, electronic checks from bill-pay, checks in a mail, wiring, and cash
- The invoice is emailed monthly 7 days before the upcoming month.
Cancelation & Make-Up Policy:
- When you need to cancel your lesson, please log in to your “student portal” and cancel a specific lesson online. You don’t need to notify the instructor. She will be notified by the system soon after you canceled your lesson.
- You are given a make-up credit when you cancel a lesson online with a 48-hour advance notice. However, sooner you cancel it, the better your chance of finding a make-up time slot will be. And to help other students find a make-up time slot, if you know that you’ll be missing a lesson, please cancel a lesson as soon as you find out about it.
- Please use the make-up credit on one of the available openings you see on the calendar and reserve it online. The instructor and her assistant are not able to do that part for you.
- Each make-up credit expires in 30 days. So, please keep an eye on openings frequently online. However, there is no guarantee that you will be able to find the make-up time slots that work for you and use all the make-up credits in time.
- Students are allowed to terminate their lessons anytime during a year. Please give a termination notice at least 2 weeks in advance.
- When students take a break during the summer, they are considered as terminating their lessons. Therefore, the time slots they had will be gone immediately.
- The make-up credits students accumulated also expire at the time of termination.
- If you are a parent, please make sure to pick your child up on time. The instructor is not responsible for your child not picked up on time after his/her lesson.
- Students not arriving after 10 minutes of his/her regular starting time without any notice will be considered absent.
- If students are late for their lessons, the missed time will not be recovered.
Sept. 2018 – Aug. 2019 Calendar:
Mizue Murakami Piano Studio will be offering lessons only on Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays from September 2018 through August 2019. These below are the days the studio will be closed. And without these days, there will be 48 scheduled weekly lessons from Sept. 2018 – Aug. 2019.
Mizue’s studio is closed on:
- Labor Day Weekend: Saturday, Sept. 1 – Monday, Sept 3
- Friday after the Thanksgiving Day: Nov 23
- December 18 – December 27
- December 31 (New Year’s Eve)
- April 21 (Easter Sunday)
- Memorial Day Weekend: May 24 – May 27
- On the 2 unconfirmed Saturdays, the studio will be closed for events such as recitals; one in November and one in March or May.
- Friday, August 30th
If you are already Mizue’s student, you can also see when the studio is closed on the online calendar when you log in to your student portal.
There isn’t a different policy for the summer. Mizue’s studio continues to offer lessons as usual during the summer. There are a lot of openings in the summer. Therefore, if you miss only 1 or 2 lessons a month in July and August, you should be able to make them up easily by the end of August.
Additional lessons or non-weekly lessons:
If you need to make an appointment for an additional lesson or if you are a non-weekly student, the tuitions are as followed:
- $44 for a 30-minute lesson
- $66 for a 45-minute lesson
- $88 for a 60-minute lesson