Policy at Mizue Murakami Piano Studio
Effective in September 2017.
- Weekly Program: This program is where students have their set weekly time slots. It is suitable for K-12 children during the school year, beginners of any age, and anyone who wishes to progress consistently.
- Non-weekly Program: This program is where students book a lesson individually at different time/day when there are openings. It is suitable for adult students who have frequent business trips, advanced students, school kids in July and August, and students who are waiting for a weekly time slot. Please be aware that the number of openings is limited and it varies weekly and seasonally.
Students are allowed to switch between the programs anytime of a year. However, please be aware that when weekly students switch to non-weekly program, they will immediately lose their regular weekly time slots.
New lesson rates are starting at the beginning of September 2017:
- $44 for a 30 minute time slot (actual duration of lesson is a few minute less)
- $66 for a 45 minute time slot (actual duration of lesson is a few minute less)
- $88 for a 60 minute time slot (actual duration of lesson is a few minute less)
- For weekly students
- Students are required to prepay monthly to reserve their time slots. The amount depends on how many lessons there are in a given month.
- Due date is the last day of previous month
- Late fee of $10 will be applied for payments received on the 8th or later.
- For non-weekly students
- The minimum prepayment of $220 is required to start scheduling. $220 is equivalent to 2 & 1/2 hours of lessons. When your funds/credits run out please deposit $220 or more to start scheduling again. The credits have no expiration.
- Payment methods:
- Debit card online
- Credit card online
- PayPal online
- Not accepted: personal check, electronic check from bill-pay, wiring and cash
- For weekly students who have their regular set time slots: One missed lesson a month will be credited or refunded if the cancelation notice was given 5 days (120 hours) prior to the lesson. No make-up lesson, credit or refund will be applied to a canceled lesson with a notice less than 5 days in advance or without any notice regardless of the reasons.
- For non-weekly students who make an appointment per lesson: 5-day (120 hours) advance notice is required to cancel or reschedule the lesson that has been already scheduled. No credit or refund will be applied to a canceled lesson with a notice less than 5 days (120 hours) in advance or without any notice regardless of the reasons.
- Please log in to your “student’s portal” and cancel your lesson. This way is much faster than giving a notice to the instructor or my assistant. Just in time you may be able to get a credit.
- Mizue’s studio does NOT offer make-up lessons to weekly or non-weekly students regardless of the reasons for missing the lessons.
Credits will be applied also for these situations:
- When the instructor canceled lessons due to her personal reasons
- When a power outage happens at the studio
- When students can’t drive to their lessons due to the weather condition such as snow.
- When there is no lesson due to the holidays.
Students are allowed to terminate their lessons completely anytime during a year or month. Please give a termination notice 7 days in advance. Any remaining credits/funds on the account will be refunded.
- If you are a parent, please make sure to pick your child up on time. The instructor is not responsible for your child not picked up on time.
- Students not arriving after 10 minutes of his/her regular starting time without any notice will be considered absent.
- If students are late for their lessons the missed time will not be recovered.
These are the days the instructor is USUALLY (it may vary year to year) NOT teaching. If you are already enrolled in one of the programs please visit your “student portal” on My Music Staff to find out when you do not have lessons.
- Labor Day weekend
- Halloween day
- The day before Thanksgiving Day & Thanksgiving Day
- A few days before Christmas through New Year’s Day
- President Day weekend
- Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day weekend
- 4th of July
There is no special different policy for the summer. If you are a students who is enrolled in the Weekly program during the school year and if you will miss more than 1 lesson a month in the summer, switching and enrolling in Non-Weekly program is recommended.